Statesboro and Bulloch County enjoy economic diversity, family friendliness and far more cultural amenities than normally found in areas of similar population. The climate offers four distinct seasons but not the inconvenience of routine ice and snow, hence special events and activities are scheduled indoor and out throughout the calendar.
Outdoor recreational opportunities include golf, fishing and hunting as well as canoeing and hiking. Among walking trails is the downtown-based Willie McTell, which helps connect the university region to the city center. An impressive recreation department features a multi-field sports complex and year-round swimming. The ocean is just a little over an hour away.
The presence of a regional university brings Division 1 sports, a symphony and accredited museum to the area's other public and private venues for entertainment and education. Arts and theater are found both at the university and in the community. The Averitt Center for the Arts maintains a gallery and a season of performances both locally and nationally produced. Special attractions include the university's Botanical Garden and Raptor Center and private enterprises such as a local vineyard/winery and a clubhouse full of indoor family-based entertainment.
- Downtown Statesborohttp://www.mainstreetstatesborofarmersmarket.com/
- More than 200 shopping adventures
- More than 1000 hotels rooms available (see our membership directory upper right )
- Splash in the Borohttp://www.splashintheboro.com
- GSU Center for Wildlife Educationhttp://welcome.georgiasouthern.edu/wildlife/
- Georgia Southern University Museumhttp://ceps.georgiasouthern.edu/museum/
- The Georgia Southern Botanical Gardenhttp://welcome.georgiasouthern.edu/garden/
- Averitt Center for the Artshttp://www.averittcenterforthearts.org
- The Clubhouse at Hacker'shttp://www.clubhouseathackers.com
- Mill Creek Parkhttp://www.bullochrec.com/Facilities/facilities.htm#millcreek
- Carmike Cinema
- Georgia Southern Performing Arts Center http://ceps.georgiasouthern.edu/pac/
- Willie McTell Trail
- Bulloch County Parks and Recreation Department http://www.bullochrec.com/
- Statesboro Regional Libraryhttp://strl.info/
- Meinhardt Vineyards and Wineryhttp://www.meinhardtvineyards.com/
- Statesboro Convention and Visitors Bureau http://www.visitstatesboroga.com
To view a newcomer's video produced by Chamber member Statesboro Herald, click here: http://www.statesboroherald.com/multimedia/3021/